Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Squawk

Good evening, I hope everyone is making it through all this lovely white stuff ok.

My day didn't start out so great. I got stuck on the first turnaround and had to have the tow truck come and pull me out. I couldn't be pulled out so that I could drive down the road, I had to back down the road must of been close to a quarter of mile or more. Wouldn't of been to bad but the snow was sticking to my mirror so had to keep sticking my hand out the window to keep the mirror clean. The day did get much better for that I am very thankful.

I see there are some ducks back. I haven't the foggiest idea what kind they were I just know they weren't Mallards or Wood Ducks. The son in law keeps trying to get me to recognize what kind they are but since I don't ever plan on duck hunting I don't listen to well.

The Squaw Lake Fire Department has been awarded a Valspar Minnesota Beautiful Grant. This grant was provided by the Valspar Foundation and Northland Foundation. Our project was one of 19 in northeastern Minnesota that was chosen to receive paint. We will be looking for more volunteers to help with this painting project in the Community Center.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment