Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday squawk

Hi,

I know I missed writing yesterday just wasn't enough time. I actually got on the blog last night when I finally made it home and it was like I was brain dead couldn't think of a thing to write. Today isn't much better.

Yesterday morning I saw something I had never seen before. It was 2 grouse fighting over a female or territory or something because when I drove up on them in the bus they never noticed that I was there. They sure are fiesty. They would jump at each other trying to get their claws into one another. Then one would knock the other over and jump on them pecking at their eyes, throat etc. Finally, I had to honk the horn to get them out of the road so I could continue.

The mallards are back. For the last two mornings I've seen over 10 deer each morning. The swans are back in the river by Vance's Bridge on Cty.126. The ice is just about all out of the rivers but it sure isn't melting much on the lakes. With opening of fishing on May 9th wonder when the ice will be out.

Nobody has called with any news, birthdays, or anniversaries so things are pretty quiet around. I see some of the snowbirds are coming back. The Kitterman's from Anchor Inn are back. I've seen a few other couples but unable to put names to the faces.

It sprinkled a little this morning. I was hoping that we would get a nice rain to take out the frost. The frost is finally starting to come out of my driveway. There was water standing on the road last night when I came in.

I hope all of you are in good health and spirits.

Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment