Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Squawk

Happy Easter Everyone,

I hope tomorrow is a great day for all of you. May you do whatever makes you happy. I hope the sun keeps shining on all of us.

Sorry didn't write anything on the blog yesterday. I was busy with trying to get my soaps ready to put into the shops before the opening of fishing. Today I had lots of help which I really appreciate. We wrapped close to 800 bars of soap today. We had quite the assembly line going. This would of taken me a good 2 weeks working every spare moment to get done and with 6 of us we got it done in one day. My it is nice to have friends and family to help out.

I know it will make Evy at the Mini Max Flea Market smile if I actually get my table all fixed up before opening. If you haven't been to the Flea Market it is certainly worth a trip to see what all she has in it. Opening day is the Friday before opening of fishing and this year that is May 8th.

Another place if you haven't been there is the Northwoods Crafts in Northome. They have an amazing array of homemade items. Good place to buy for those hard to buy for people on your list. When you go there think Birthday, Anniversary, or even Christmas. They usually open up the first week of May. I will write more on them when I find out the exact day.

ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be no consignment auction on May 16th. We had very few items to be placed in it so decided that we wouldn't do it. If anyone has stuff to sell you can rent a space at our Christmas in August flea market. Maybe next year if we get enough people to commit we can hold an auction. Thank you to the ones who wanted to be in it.

My dogs have had a rough day today from the sounds of their snoring. Son in law is up and brings his two dogs and they all play like they are puppies. Tonight the old dog who is somewhere over the age of 13 is limping, must have played too much. He took his aspirin and now is snoring.

I guess the next thing I know of coming up in Squaw Lake is Duck's Unlimited Banquet, April 25th starts at 5:30pm at the Community Center. Cost is $25 advance ticket until April 24th and at the door $35. Contact Danielle at The Hill for reservations. There are still tickets available. One of the best turnouts they've had was last year during one of our April mega snowstorms. Everyone had a great time. Hope to see you there.

Hope the Easter Bunny is good to you all. I've got a little joke for you. Author unknown.

In a Seattle Washington college classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be President of the United States. It was pretty simple the candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.

However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen. In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president. The class was taking it in and letting her rant, but everyone's jaw hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

I guess this is a case of "Here's your sign". Kind of scary isn't it?

The SLFD Take a Kid Fishing Day is coming along but we could use more help. We've raised $600 so far but we need a total of $3000. If you can help with a donation to it or a donation of a rod/reel combo it would be very much appreciated. If by chance we raise more money than we need it will be put into the fund for next year's Take a Kid Fishing day. Thanks to all who have already donated. We appreciate your support.

Hard to believe that our granddaughter Brittany is graduating from high school this spring it seems like just a short time ago when she was running around the house playing peek a boo with Poppa Jim. So that is one weekend of the summer that will be a fun one. The summer's weekends are pretty booked up with trying to get everything fixed up for the wedding. The wedding is a good kick in the pants to get the stuff done that I keep putting off from year to year. Painting is one thing I hate to do but this is the year. If it is blowing to hard when I decide to paint I will use a roller. Probably does a better job than spraying anyway. Just will take much longer to get done. So if any of you out there love to paint and can't find enough painting to keep you busy just give me a call.

Well, have a great Easter tomorrow and I hope I can come up with something interesting for you tomorrow night when I write the squawk.

Hugs,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment