Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday night Squawk

Hard to believe the week is almost over. My Grandmother once told me that when you getter older the time flies. Well, I must be older than I think because the time is flying way to fast. I'm way behind on everything I wanted to have done by now. I don't have all my soaps ready to go for the Mini Max Flea Market or Northwoods Crafts in Northome, I haven't finished crocheting all the scrubbies I need to have done. I guess I am just behind this year.

Tonight I worked on the forms for Christmas In August that I hopefully will be getting out to vendors next week. This year Christmas in August will be on August 15th from 9am to 3pm. At the Community Center will be Craft Booths, Flea Market booths and hopefully Farmer's Market Booths. Last year we had a great turnout. It will be the Saturday to come to Squaw Lake. The Max Mini Store will be having their customer appreciation day, The Centennial Lutheran Ladies will have their Salad Luncheon and Bake Sale, and the Mini Max Flea Market will be open for business. I'm sure like last year there will be some garage sales also. If you would like a form for it give Julie a call at 218-659-4239.

I did see the sun for a few moments today. Maybe it was out longer but I was cleaning so didn't notice. I do know that I am praying that anymore snow goes some place else than here. I am really sick of it. I was going to put a picture in here that said, "How you can tell when people have had enough of winter?" It was of a snowman with a noose around his neck BUT sometimes my computer skills leave alot to be desired sooo.... NO picture.

Tomorrow, the Squaw Lake Fire Department Auxiliary are getting together to prepare the food for the Bullhead and Fish Fry on Saturday, April 4th from 4pm to 7pm at the Community Center. It is great to have these people help out. Thank you all.

Take a Kid Fishing Day is coming up on June 6th. We have been receiving some donations for this. We hope to have a great turnout of kids and guides. Also, our goal is to send each child home with a rod/reel combo. With all your generous donations we will be able to meet this goal. We also want to give each child a goodie bags with items that have been donated in them. If you would like more information on this give me a call or email.

On Sunday when I was coming home from the cities I passed a farm that had cows out in the pasture with a bunch of new calves. Really made me miss that I don't have any cows on the farm anymore. What I don't miss is the cows running up and down the highway. I bought a lottery ticket today. Maybe, I'll win big and I can have a new fence put up around the farm so that I can have cows. I used to say that if Jim would win the Lottery he would farm until it was gone. It just seems that Spring is close when you start seeing the baby animals. I talked to my cousin Judy yesterday and she has 5 new kids from two of her goats. She still has one more doe to come in. The geese, swans, and ducks are in the river so all these things point to spring and then you look out and see the snow. I guess we should be glad that this isn't October and the start of the season.

May all of you have a nice weekend. I will try and write something over the weekend if I have time, otherwise you won't hear from me til Sunday evening.

Take care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment