Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Squawk

Hope you all had a great day. I spent the day in Bemidji, not my favorite activity but it had to be done. First I went to a benefit for Rollyn (Sandelin) Abdelrehem who had brain surgery to fix an anurysem. It was well attended and I must not of won anything on the raffles because no one called me. Doesn't surprise me any, I'm just not lucky in that area. Then I did my monthly shopping. Boy that hurts the checkbook. The worse part is coming home and carrying everything in and putting it away.

Max Township regular board meeting will be held April 28, at 9am at the townhall. This will be followed at 10am by the Board of Appeals and Equalization. If you have questions about your real estate taxes in Max Township this is the meeting to attend. There will be a representative from the Itasca County Assessors Office there.

Wow! the month of April is half over. Where has the time went. Is everyone as far behind on things you wanted to get done over the winter as I am? I wanted to repaint my kitchen, well it isn't done and not sure with all the outside work to be done if it will get done. Only 29 days of school left. That gives me a few more hours morning and evening to do stuff besides my other jobs.

Here's a recipe for you. It is the most dangerous recipe in the world.

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee much (Microsafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I haven't made this yet for myself because I was afraid I'd find it too good.

Have a great evening and I hope that I have something really interesting for you tomorrow. Take care.

Hugs,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. How about the meeting on Wed nite? is it still a go? April is living up to its name...April showers bring May flowers...morels too. Hope I remember Wed nite. Been waiting for the peeper frogs to sing in the pond but what I heard last week was not peepers, although I did hear the Boreal frogs last night. They are the ones that sound like you are rubbing your finger across the teeth of a comb. I heard the peepers in Squaw Lake Saturday and I think also Friday.
    Today the wind pushed some ice onto the shoreline across from me, when the wind switches I will have all the debris plus whatever ice is left up onto my shoreline. Thought about going fishing just to see if there is anything that will bite. I have only about 15feet of water showing and the depth would be about 5 feet but one never knows if a fish might come up to see daylight.
    Well see ya later and I plan on bringing over some birch bark although I need to know if you want heavy bark or lighter paper like bark.

    ReplyDelete