Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday night Squawk

I haven't been out much so not sure what is going on around town. Been staying pretty close to home trying to get my products all ready for the shops I have them in.

Ok, all you great cooks out there I am looking for an easy, cheap, great tasting macaroni and cheese recipe. My granddaughter informed me at the Bullhead/fish fry that there wasn't much on the menu that kids would eat so I asked what she thought they would like and mac & cheese was one thing. Now I consider Mac & cheese something you take out of a box when you don't have time to cook BUT I don't think that would be so great for a fine meal like we put on for our fund raisers. So what do you have for recipes you'd share? I'm also on the lookout for great tasting low cost salads.

My day didn't start out to great today. I went to deliver some soaps to a friend and had a flat tire. Now on the van I drive the spare is underneath up in the middle of the car. You have to get this special wrench out to let the tire down and then you have another hook type wrench that you reach under the car to drag the tire out to the side of the car and then you have to unhook the tire from the carrier. Thank goodness for AAA, I didn't have any problems changing the tire. But I did watch the guy very closely so that if I'm ever where I can't call them I will know how to change it myself. So now I have a new pair of shoes on the front of my car. I don't think that was in the budget this month.

Boy it was alot cooler today than it has been. I built a wood fire again today. If this keeps up will have to put more wood into the basement. I know I buy my wood but it doesn't bother me as bad to burn wood as when the furnace kicks on and all I see is $$$ signs in my head as it is running.

I talked to Wayne Skoe from the Northome Fire Department and their Smelt Fry is going to be on May 3rd. I don't have the time yet but it will be around the supper time hour I'm sure. As soon as I find out I will put it on the blog. They also serve meatballs at this meal so if you aren't a smelt lover I've heard the meatballs are great.

Since my day started out so good when I came home I decided to just have a fun day so my friend Kathy came over and we scrap booked. My granddaughter Brittney is graduating from high school this spring so I've been working on a scrap book of her to have done for the big event. I wonder how many of the pages she will pull out because she doesn't want to be embarrassed by Gma. I've got some good ones in there that I thought were cute but I'm sure she probably won't.

I got the following email from a friend and thought it was pretty cute. Hope you enjoy it.

Chocolate Calculator:

Don't tell me your age; you probably would tell a falsehood anyway-but the Hershey Man will know!

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH
This is pretty neat.

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute. Work this out as you read... Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate(more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1759.. If you haven't, add 1758.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are YOUR AGE!(Oh YES, it is!!!!)

This is the only year (2009) it will ever work, so spread it around while it lasts.

Hope you had fun with this. Take care and have a nice Sunday doing whatever it is that you'd like to do.

Hugs,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Our family holiday secret recipe is Stouffer's frozen (in the big crowd sized trays). Recipes that are any better would probably be much more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, never thought of that will have to give it a try. I am all for easy and good.

    ReplyDelete