Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Squawk

My what a lovely day.

We went to the Sand Lake Alliance Church this morning for their fellowship breakfast before the service. Wow, they know how to put on a spread. The pancakes were delicious. It was a wonderful morning. The service was great with a lot of local talent. The little kids were amazing. Nice to see a lot of people I don't see very often.

Stephanie fixed a wonderful dinner for us. We had a nice day of being together. Started the list of what we want to get done this summer. The list is quite long. Hopefully we will get the major ones done. After they headed back to the cities I took a nice nap. Now I'm going to work on another craft project when I finish this up.

I was surprised when the kids went for a 4 wheeler ride that there wasn't as much mud and water out in the pasture as I would have thought. Not sure if the frost is out so the water has disappeared or if it just ran off. Usually this time of year we have trouble getting through the pasture in some places with the water and mud. The son in law cleaned out and replaced the bedding in all of his wood duck houses. All 7 we have up were occupied last year.

There were a lot of ducks back in the river by Anchor Inn today. Randy is hoping for a good duck hunting season in the fall. It is nice to see the birds come back. Makes a person think maybe Spring is here.

I don't know of much going on around Squaw Lake this week. The only things I have on my calendar are:
Monday, April 13, 7pm is the Squaw Lake City Council Meeting
Tuesday April 14, Nurse comes to the Community Center to trim toe nails. This is by appointment.
That's all I've got unless someone emails me with an announcement.

I've received many emails thanking me for starting this blog to try and keep everyone informed on what is going on around the area. Thank you. I hope that this will help to spread the word of what is going on because usually there is quite a bit going on for a small community.

Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment