Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today was so nice except for the wind and I just tried to ignore that. Of course it made for WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR day. I guess I'm just going to have to learn to wear a hat so that at least some of my hair is flattened down.

The wildlife report was only 2 deer and a few ducks. Oh and I saw two grouse fighting again. They sure are aggressive little guys this spring.

It was a great night for a walk. Mary Mertes is keeping me from being lazy and not walking. We do at least 2 miles a night and tonight we did three. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Saturday, April 25th is the Duck's Unlimited Banquet at the Community Center starting at 5:30p. For more info call Danielle at The Hill, 218-659-9220.

Glen is having a smelt feed on the 25th at the Hoot & Hollar starting at 1pm going to ??. Donations accepted.

St. Catherines is having their annual spring salad luncheon on Saturday the 25th. For times refer back a couple days as I can't remember.

This is a busy Saturday in Squaw Lake.

The Northome Fire Department is having a Smelt feed on May 3rd. I still haven't seen a poster but it starts at either 4 or 5 in the afternoon. They also serve meatballs and mashed potatoes if you don't like smelt.

I hope all of you got outside at least for a little while today and enjoyed the sunshine.

The frogs were really singing tonight. Makes a person think that spring is here.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment