Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday night

Well, I see I am further behind than I thought. I thought I had missed only one day but I see I have missed two. Life is a little hectic for me right now as I am trying to get everything made to put into the shops for summer.

Yesterday, morning was my best deer sighting morning all spring. I counted 38 deer on my morning bus run. They were all over. Tonight I saw a pileated woodpecker (sorry if it is spelled wrong spell check didn't work and the dictionary I have didn't have it either), you know the big black woodpecker with the mostly red head is what I'm trying to tell you about. It was on a tree when I spotted it and I stopped the car and watched it and finally it decided it had seen enough of me and flew out into the woods. The Mallards, Wood Ducks, Canvas Backs, Buffalo Head are all back. There are alot of other ducks but I have no idea what they are. I have seen the pair of swans by Vance's bridge on Cty 126 just about everyday this week. I'm thinking they must be nesting there someplace close by. It is nice at night to hear the killdeers and tonight when I was driving out my driveway I heard frogs.

The ice is getting mighty black on Dora Lake and the channel is open so maybe spring is really coming after all. I never thought to look out on Round when I went by today. The water is quite high this spring but it is still dry. They have cut off the burning permits now until sometime in May.

We are still in need of guides for Take a Kid Fishing Day on June 6th. If any of you could help out it would be very much appreciated. We also need more rod/reel combo's so when you are out stocking up on your tackle box please think about a kid who isn't able to fish because of lack of a rod/reel.

Tonight, I went to the Kinghurst Townhall for a lovely fish fry. All the guys in the area have been fishing and they pooled what they had caught and the women had made many of their specialities so it was a lovely meal. They took a free will offering with the money going towards a new furnace in the townhall. They plan on having a couple more get togethers this summer with different themes and the money will go towards the furnace. So if anyone asks you to join them in going to the Kinghurst Townhall be prepared for a great meal. The friendship and food made for a great evening.

The Squaw Lake Fire Department Auxiliary applied for and received a Valspar grant for paint for the community center. So in the next few months we will be putting out the word that we need help to repaint the inside of the center. Hopefully, we will get some volunteers who are better painters than myself. I usually have about as much on me as the walls get. I would gladly take lessons from a good painter so that I can improve my painting skills. I have alot of painting to do around my own place this summer. So if anyone just loves to paint and doesn't have enough projects on their own give me a call and I will find a project for you.

I'm not sure what I will have on the blog this weekend as I have a pretty full schedule. I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word..........after it's said.
The occasion............after it's missed The time..........after it's gone.

Take care all,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment