Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well, today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the snow was melting. Hope this keeps up. I'm sure Mother Nature will bring us back to reality soon. She always seems to have surprises in store for us.

On my bus run in the afternoons I've been seeing some wild life. Quite a few deer in the Dora Lake Area, they all look in nice shape. I've also been seeing quite a few grouse. They are out on the edges of the gravel roads basking in the sunshine.

March 8th is the open house for Derrick Greiger at The Hill starting a 5 o'clock. Take time to stop in and say hi and thank him for being in the Marines. We need to tell our service men and women how much we appreciate them.

We are still looking for guides/boats for kids for our annual Take A Kid Fishing Day which is June 6, 2008 starting at 9am and going to noon. Let me know if you are interested. Call Julie at 218-659-4239.

The Duck's Unlimited Banquet is coming up April 25th. As I find out more info on this I will add it to the blog. Last year I heard was a great time even tho it was in the middle of one of our heavy snowstorms.

I was in Grand Rapids today. After a couple trips across town to get the stuff I needed and dealing with the traffic I was sure glad to come back home. Everyone was in a big rush today, no one had time to let the other guy go first.

Have a great day tomorrow. Hopefully, we will have more sunshine and the snow will go down a little more. I kind of liked the mud on the roads this afternoon. It really made me think of Spring.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment