Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ramblings and reminders

Just a reminder that March 14 is the Annual Perch Jerker's Contest from 11am - 2pm. Lots of fun and prizes, great food also. Proceeds go to the Squaw Lake Fire Department. Admission is $7.00 for anyone over 12. Under 12 get in free. Come and fish or if you'd like to volunteer to help the department with this fund raiser give Julie a call at 218-659-4239.

Starting at 5pm is the Great St. Urho's Day parade. The parade starts at Mertes Garage and goes to The Hill. Get some friends and do a float and join the fun or just join the fun. There will be first and second prizes. Also, there will be a fish soup cookoff (couldn't remember how to spell it), give Danielle at The Hill a call by Thursday, March 12 to enter and get the rules.

Well, I was surprised this morning when someone mentioned to me that daylight savings times begins in one week. Yup, that's right we need to spring ahead next Saturday night 1 hour before going to bed so that you can wake up at the right time. So, March 8 is the beginning of the daylight savings. Make sure you change your clock then.

Got a call this morning to go out to breakfast and was shocked when I stepped outside. My it was cold out but since I don't own a thermometer I didn't know how cold. When I got home I heard it was -19 in Squaw Lake and -27 over at Dora Lake. No wonder I shivered all the way to breakfast.

Looks like we are going to have some warm weather this week. I saw on the long range forecast that by Wednesday we are suppose to be in the mid 30's for the day time high and down in the teens for lows at night. Is this a teaser or is it getting closer to spring? I'm hoping it is getting closer to spring as the wood pile is getting mighty low.

I'm thinking that spring must be getting close because yesterday I had this urge to clean a closet. Now it isn't often I get the urge to clean so it must be the extra sunshine we are getting.

I had an email from a cousin who lives close to Seattle and they have mowed their grass once already and they have baby ducks and geese. Not sure I want the lawn mowing but the rest sounds good.

Have a great day.
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment