Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Back!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, hopefully the blog will get back to normal. Sitting a my daughter's and watching the geese, ducks and swans coming into a corn field across the road from her house.

It sure is good to be back in Minnesota, wish we could send lots of the water from the valley to Florida. It was very dry by Orlando. I felt sorry for the cows in the field not much to eat and very dry. It did rain one day and the next the lawn where we stayed started to green up. The grass kinda looked like our good ole quack grass we have up north. At least that is what is in my lawn. I love it, I only have to mow for a while and then I cut it real short and if it doesn't rain it turns brown and doesn't grow. Then if we get a few sprinkles it turns green. Of course my son-in-law being from the cities wants to fertilize my lawn, I told him he was dead meat if he did. He can fertilize his side of the lawn but then I quit mowing for him. I only believe in mowing once a week. I have to admit his lawn at his house is much nicer than mine BUT I still don't want to mow.

Saturday, April 4 is the Bullhead and Fish Fry at the Community Center, I'd put the time but drawing a brain blank right now. I know I have posted it many times. Hope to see all of you there. It will be a good time.

It will be nice to be in my own home again. I know I'm getting old when I enjoy my family so much but I need that quiet time to myself each day. I have to admit that having the warmth and sunshine while I was gone sure perked up my attitude.

Well, is the snow all gone up there? I hope so, then it will start to dry and then I can start the process of cleaning up everything my dog has drug around the yard all winter. Hopefully, one of these days she will grow out of the puppy stage. You would think at 3 years old she would be. They will be glad to see me when I get home but I know they miss all the treats that Rod feeds them when I'm gone. Anything that I am eating after Rod has taken care of them they think should be their treat also.

I'm surprised that the wind isn't blowing this morning. There was a lot of wind in Florida also. One day we went to a beach close to Clearwater and walked on the beach. We saw 5 porpoise out in the Gulf. Stephanie got some nice pictures of them. Of course I did my usual and left
my camera was in the motel room. Sometimes I wonder why I own a camera because I usually have forgotten it at home.

Have a great day will post more after I get home.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment