Sunday, March 8, 2009

Squaw Lake Squawk

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm sure tomorrow we will all feel the effects of the time change when the alarm goes off. Usually I'm awake about 4 in the morning but I'm sure tomorrow when the radio kicks on I will want to throw it across the room.

I was reminded today by a friend that it is the time to get those wood duck houses cleaned out. While you are doing that you just as well do all the other bird houses you have around. Hopefully, when the ducks and geese come back this year they won't have to fight the snow like they did last year. I really felt sorry for the pair of geese on the field by my house last year when it snowed in April. All you could see was their heads and some neck sticking up out of the snow. I wished I could have given them some corn but there was no way that I could get across the field in the first place and then I would have had to shovel out a spot to dump the corn. They made it through ok.

I really don't buy too many magazines but one of my favorites has been Birds & Blooms. I was really surprised this month when I got the magazine and it has some advertisements in it. That was one of the reasons I liked the magazine was it didn't have any advertisements. So I found out that I could stay connected by going to purposedriven.com/join. Then if that wasn't what I needed I could help my sore achy back with a sleep number bed. Of course if that didn't work out and I was cranky and crabby in the morning I could have a cup of Gevalia coffee. To sooth myself after the coffee I could listen to the best one-piece music system by Bose. Then if I was still feeling stress or having pain in my joints I could do passive exercise with the Eserciser 2000 Elite. Of course if none of the above is to your liking you could take a trip and Discover Old World Europe, a fairy tale come true. But to be practical you could just visit the Country Store Catalog where you can buy things for your garden to raise bigger vegetables or light up your path or check out the weather. I think the editors missed something that people like me love to see, Birds and Blooms that's why we buy the magazine, we can get most of these other advertisements if we turn on the tv and they are just as annoying on the tv as in one of my favorite magazines.

Well, it looks like we might get some snow this week. Let's hope that the weather man is wrong or it goes someplace else. With all the melting that has been going on I am really looking forward to spring. With the snow melting I'm already seeing a lot of things that need to be cleaned up this spring.

May each and everyone who visit this blog have a wonderful week ahead. We would appreciate if you like the blog to drop us a line or let us know of something important going on in your area. Don't forget to check the calendar for what is coming up in Squaw Lake. This weekend coming up should be a lot of fun for a lot of people.

Don't forget that we are still looking for items to put on a Consignment Auction. Give one of us a call for more info: Diane - 659-2606, Connie - 659-4669 or Julie - 659-4239.

Take Care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment