Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boy how the time flies when you are busy. I didn't realize until tonight that I hadn't wrote anything since last Thursday.

Last day of school was on Friday, not sure if the kids were glad that it was done but I sure was. Now I have a few extra hours a day to try and get stuff done. Today I worked on the office trying to get everything put where it belongs. It looks better tonight but still isn't done the way it should be.

Josh Michalek came in on Friday and did a bunch of yard work for us. He did a fine job. It really looks nice. He used the harley rake and leveled out the yard and added in some black dirt. Randy got busy on Sunday and seeded in grass seed and oats while it was raining. Hopefully it will quit this freezing at night and everything will start growing. Of course the birds think it is a buffet for them.

On Saturday we worked and hauled out a bunch of old machinery and put in a pile where I can't see it and it doesn't bother anything. Maybe one of these years the price of scrap iron will go up and I can get rid of it then. Sunday we were going to start cleaning the other garage but the rain made us think of other indoor projects that needed to be done.

Hard to believe that our granddaughter Britt is graduating from high school on Friday night. That will probably be a long graduation I think there are over 400 in her class. She will start cosmotology school the middle of June.

So the project for this weekend is clean out one garage and organize the stuff in the other. Doesn't this sound like fun. Hopefully I will find alot of things that can be thrown away so there won't be so much stuff to move and organize.

A lot of things have been done on the list but there are alot more things to get done. Hopefully the weather will cooperate on the weekends because I get alot more done with the help on the weekend.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Julie

Here's a joke for you.

So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter,
a good find for many retirees,
I lasted less than a day......
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud,
unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids,
Yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.
As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and
welcome to Wal-Mart.
Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"
The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say,
No, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.
Why the world would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just
stupid?
So I replied,
'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am,
I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice.
Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'
My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

Have a good weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment