Monday, June 22, 2009

Squawk

Wow, what a list of events for the next 2 months and I'm sure I've missed some or put in the wrong info. I will do corrections as I find out what I've done wrong.

The work is getting done on the farm. Windows were put into the garage. Inside walls were started. Hopefully by the end of next week we will finish all the prep work that needs to be done before the steel is hung. It has been sticker shock for this ole granny. I am still thinking in the 70's when I go to buy some of this stuff. Made for one big depressing day last week when I bought paint, epoxy, wire, boxes, etc etc. BUT when all the work is done it will be great.

Now I need your help. Put in a word to the big man upstairs so I get nice weather for a week so that I can get the house painted. I've got the paint, supplies, and the people who volunteered to help paint now all I need is the nice weather.

Steph planted more flowers this week. So far we've had enough rain that my black thumb isn't showing. She is planning on putting in the soaker hoses next week working around the graduation party for Brittany. Her flower beds look great already.

We are all exhausted by Sunday evening. I can't imagine the 3 1/2 hour drive they have to do after we have worked like we do each weekend. Last night they didn't make it home until 11pm. and they are both up and out the door before 6 in the morning. I didn't have to be to work until 8 and I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. We just keep telling ourselves that it will look so great that is it worth all this hard work.

I do know that the weekend after Christmas in August that I am doing absolutely nothing. I don't care what anyone wants I'm not doing it. If it takes more energy than sitting in a recliner it won't be done. Sounds like a great plan. Hope I can carry it out.

Boy those mosquitos are hungry little buggers. Thought they were going to carry me off this morning when I went out to check on the pigs. I've never been bothered too much by mosquitos until this year. I don't know what loosing weight has to do with it but they are sure after me this year. Maybe they can get to the blood supply easier as there isn't so much of me to go through.

This morning a little after 4 there was one happy little bird. I don't know what it was but it was the noisiest thing. It just kept singing and singing. If I could of found it it would of been one little dead bird. I love to hear birds just not that early in the morning.

I've seen a few deer on the field but haven't spotted any fawns. Have any of you seen any fawns? The mallards along the road must of hatched out and moved their babies to the lake as I haven't seen any since early last week. Very seldom do I ever see the babies but I usually know when they hatch because the adults are gone.

Randy, Rochelle and Randy's nephew Joe went fishing on Saturday night. Rochelle was the best she caught the most. Only trouble was they never had any they could keep because they were all too big. They said they had fun but I don't think it would be much fun to throw the fish back in. I guess if I ever go fishing I will have to go to a lake that doesn't have a slot. That would just go against me if I had to throw a fish back.

I hope all of you had a great weekend and have started out having a good week. Take care and have fun.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment