Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi

Well here it is Tuesday already and I've forgotten to blog again.

I was in the cities last weekend for granddaughter's graduation party and another granddaughter's fast pitch softball game. It was a nice weekend but Gram was tired when she got home on Sunday.

I've been busy out in the yard. Steph planted flowers and I'm trying to keep them alive by watering them. Yeah, I do kind of have a black thumb. BUT these flowers look pretty good. I also made a mud hole for the pigs in the big corral. I hooked up a nozzle on a pole that has a shower setting. The pigs love to walk around under it and dig in the mud. They need a mud hole to keep cool.

I was hoping to start painting on the house today but it looks like rain so will hold off. I hate to paint so don't want to do it and then have to redo in a couple years.

The grass seed we planted is coming up nicely. I'm sure it has to do with all the water that has been pumped on it. It should look really nice by the time of the wedding.

The ticks are still really bad. I pulled out a fence panel yesterday on the edge of the yard and had 4 ticks on me. The mosquito's are very hungry this year also. I was out pretty late last night in the yard and thought they were going to eat me up.

Lots of work to do this weekend when the family comes up. We will be starting the inside of the garage. It is a pole shed so we have to first put in 2x4 walls and then wire and finally put up the steel that I bought. It should make a great summer kitchen when we're done. I have the 10 burner stove from the Squaw Lake School and we bought a 3 tub stainless steel sink for it. I also got a subway oven so we should really be able to cook up a storm in there. I can hardly wait. I love to cook and can stuff for winter so this will be a great area and won't heat up the house.

Hope all of you are enjoying the warm weather. Usually I don't like the heat too much but after this cold spring I am loving it even if I have to come in more often to cool down.

I think that there is a Volley ball League starting at the Crow Bar on Thursday nights. I don't have any info just heard through grapevine so you need to call the Crow Bar to find out the details.

I was looking online the other night for something quick, easy, and cheap to make and I came upon a blog called: www.5dollardinners.com. She has some good ideas and menus and recipes and also links to other blogs on the same thread.

Have a great week.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment