Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Squawk

Today was a nice day except the wind came up pretty strong this afternoon. I mowed lawn today. I hate mowing lawn I know alot of people find enjoyment out of mowing but to me it is a job I'd rather not have to do. Usually I have someone mow for me but he was laid up today and for a few days so I figured instead of letting it get too long so it is hard to mow I'd do it. First I didn't have any gas so ran to the store then I thought to check the oil and needed oil. I finally found a jug with some in so I didn't have to run back to the store. Then my lawn mower had a dead battery so jumped on Randy's and that one has a belt that slips when you get into heavy grass. So I put the charger on my mower and mowed all the thin areas with Randy's and then mine started so that I could mow the rest. I have to admit that the lawn does look nice when it is freshly mowed.

The geese are taking over. When I came home this morning there were around 60 geese eating on the edge of the lawn. Now there is about a 20 acre field out there they could eat on but they love the shorter grass on the lawn. I wouldn't mind them so much but the calling card they leave isn't appreciated. If they keep up I will have to think of some way to discourage them. I have yelled at the dog so much to leave them alone when they are out in the field that when they come up in the yard she still doesn't bother them.

I don't have much for news this week. I've been at home alot working so I haven't been around to see if there is any thing going on.

Another weekend coming up and I have a list going for what I need help with. Sometimes I feel sorry for the son-in-law when he gets his honey do list. Poor guy has two women on him with lists. I have found out since my surgery that I don't have the physical strength I used to so that is why he has to help so much.

I was surprised how it is cooling off again tonight. I hadn't taken a jacket with me when I went to town and when I came home I had to put one on to carry in the stuff from the car.

Tuesday I turned on the water for the pigs and forgot it on so when I came home from work the pump had been running so much it had lost its prime. No problem I've dealt with this before you just take the plug out of the top of the pump fill with water and turn pump back on. Well it has been so long since that had happened that the plug was rusted in. I sprayed it with rust remover and kept trying. Finally had to call Art and get advise on what to do. Just heat it up for a few minutes with a torch he said. No problem I figured I have a small propane torch. So I was trying to heat it up and of course there is a piece of plastic pipe there close by well I thought I was staying far enough away from it but of course I hadn't and I melted a hole in the pipe. Thank goodness for the Max Mini Store. I went up and bought the small piece of pipe and 2 new hose clamps and fixed it. I had gotten the plug out after heating it up so I got the water going again. A person doesn't realize how much water they use until something happens and you don't have any.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I'm not sure the kids are as happy as I am about it but I'm looking forward to sleeping in to 6am and also not having to stop whatever I am doing in the afternoon to go on the route.

Not sure how much time I will have this weekend to blog but will try sometime during the weekend. I hope each of you have an enjoyable weekend doing what ever you want to do.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment