Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Squawk

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was busy but went really good.

The grandson came up on Friday and had all the sand put into the garage by the time I got home from the bus run. We rented the packer from Spring Lake Store and had the garage ready for the cement before dark on Friday night. Saturday morning they delivered the cement and the garage floor was in.

So we decided to use the bobcat we had borrowed and clean up where the wood pile had been for 20+ years and then we decided to take out a piece of fence that was there and then clean up some of the machinery and move that. Isn't it a surprise how a project grows when you start something? Anyway we got alot of work done on Saturday. Still have to move a few more pieces of machinery. Need to get that moved before Josh Michalek comes in with the harley rake to get everything leveled up. Boy that should make lawn mowing alot easier if it is level.

Sunday, Stephanie and I went to the cities to my Granddaughter Christina's wedding. We drove down went to the wedding and reception and drove back home. I really should rephrase that Stephanie did the driving. On the way down I crocheted scrubbies and on the way back I slept. Too bad that the nice day of the weekend was the day we were out driving.

Randy and Adam(grandson) built shelves in the garage on Sunday and started organizing the stuff from the brown garage. Still have alot left to do but hopefully this next weekend we will get the brown garage cleaned out so that we can start that big project in there.

As it was cold enough today that I came in and built a wood fire I'm wondering if it will get warm enough to paint and then I realized that it isn't the end of May yet and we usually have frost here until about the 5th of June so I guess I'm just rushing the season. I hate to paint so I want to get started on it so it will be done.

The boys put extra sand around the house today so it is built up again on the foundation. Hopefully this will help next winter in keeping the house a little warmer. Adam also fixed alot of holes in the yard with black dirt. I will put some seed in these spots later in the week. Hopefully the rain will get each area soaked up so the seed will germinate good when I plant it.

So for only two weekends we have accomplished alot towards having stuff done for the wedding. Good thing because I think we only have about 7 more weekends as there are a couple weekends we have to do other stuff besides work on the place. The time is flying by fast.

I have been so busy I'm not sure what has went on around Squaw Lake over the weekend. It seemed like there were alot of cars around the couple of times I was out this weekend so I hope that all the businesses had a good weekend.

Have a good week everyone and if the weather is good get out and enjoy it some way.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment