Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When I wrote the last blog it was very early Sunday morning and I had my day pretty well planned out. Why I plan anything is a wonder because something always comes up. I was going to do a couple batches of jalapeno jelly for the flea market but I can not find my book with the canning recipes in it. I told you I'm not good about putting things back well, this is biting me in the butt because I still haven't found it. Steph called me after she got home and gave me the recipe for the jelly so I was able to get it done today.

On Sunday as long as I couldn't make jelly I figured just as well help Randy in the old garage. This is a really old garage with a dirt floor and we want to get it fixed up for storage so we spent the day cleaning. We hauled out about 7 bucket loads of junk to the burn pile. The rest we sorted and stored in the barn to be put back in after the cement is poured. This took the whole day Sunday. Lots of work left on this garage as we will be putting in a new rollup door and vinyl siding on it. It should look really nice when it is all done. It will also be nice in the spring when it is fixed up the water won't be able to run in it. The kids finally left about 5pm to head back to the cities and my butt was dragging. I'm just glad that it wasn't me that had to drive back at that time of the day.

Today I finally got to the jelly making. I made my regular jalapeno recipe which to me isn't very hot. Then I made a couple of batches that turned out kind of medium. I then went to the habanero peppers and made two batches of that. That one is pretty good. I like hot stuff tho. It isn't unbearable but it does leave you with "Oh that has a little bite to it" but you want to have more.

Last night I went for a four wheeler ride with a friend and we got stuck. Good thing one of them has a winch so we were able to get out of the muck. I was surprised just how much water is out in the pasture. Every little dip is filled to the top. I will have to remember to tell the grandkids when they come up where they can and can't ride or we will be digging them out.

Tomorrow, May 20th is Meatloaf Supper at the Community Center. Serving is 5 - 7pm. All proceeds go to Fresh Water for Life. Hope to see you there.

May 28th, Potluck supper 5:30p at Sand Lake Community Center.Come and join the fun.

I need to get the humming bird feeders out. One was buzzing the window where I usually hang them tonight. Last night I saw an oriole also.

Boy the wind just doesn't want to stop does it. I hope everyone that is fishing is having a good time. Randy and his friends were out over the weekend and caught quite a few just wasn't able to keep many because of the slot limit.

Talked to Evy today about the Mini Max Flea Market and she said they had a good weekend. I need to get over there because I know quite a few people have brought in stuff and there might be something I can't live without. Of course with all the stuff in my house I almost have to figure out what I'm getting rid of before buying something new. If you haven't been to the flea market you need to take the time and go see everything she has there.

Evy was reminding me of all the things I haven't brought into the flea market yet this year so maybe tomorrow I can get some of these things marked to take over on Thursday. Gotta keep Evy happy as she does a great job of selling my items there.

Only 7 more days of school left. I am looking forward to that. That will give me a few more hours a day to get stuff done around here. The inside of my house needs some help. When I'm busy outside or crafting I can ignore it but the mess is just getting to deep again. Crafty people should have a special room to do their stuff and not be allowed to drag it out into the rest of the house. The rest of the house would stay alot neater. Well, at least this crafty person shouldn't bring it to the rest of the house as I have piles all over of what I'm working on.

Not sure when I will have time to drop a note again but if you have something you want on the blog just drop a line to my email address: jhemphil@paulbunyan.net and I will take the time to get it on.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Take time and have some fun.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment