Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Squawking

Hope you've had a couple of good days. If it wasn't for the wind it would of been real nice. I worked outside for a while each day but the wind really gets to my ears so had to quit and come inside.

I've been informed it is only 80 days to the wedding. Wow there is alot of stuff to get done before then. This Saturday they are pouring cement in the ole garage. Hope they get it done because then they will build shelves in there on Sunday and we can start cleaning out the other garage. If the boys get the heavy stuff moved I can finish with all the lighter things during the week.

I'm making a flying trip to the cities on Sunday down and back in the same day. My granddaughter Christina is getting married Sunday afternoon in Bloomington. I haven't seen her in a couple of years so it will be nice. Steph is going to go with me . That will make things easier on me.

I was at the flea market today finishing putting things on my table and adding some new stuff on the canned goods table. I made a Carmel Apple Butter, a Pumpkin Pecan Butter, Jalapeno jelly, hot jalapeno jelly, hot habanero jelly. The habanero jelly is good but not so hot you can't stand it but enough of a bite to make it really good. I didn't have alot of time to look around but Evy has it stuffed.

Boy the woodticks are bad this year. I was out behind the barn pulling up some fence posts and picked about a dozen off me. This morning I found another in my hair. I put new flea and tick collars on the dogs and they still have alot of ticks. Thankfully the son in law comes up just about every weekend and picks the ticks. I have trouble taking them off me but I have to have pliers to take them off the dog and that is hard to do when they are so small.

I heard the meatloaf supper was very good last night. I had to make a flying trip to Grand Rapids last night so I missed out.

Lots of work to get done around here this weekend. If any of you out there don't have anything to do come on over and join the fun.

Well, it is almost 10pm and I will turn into something if Idon't get my beauty rest. Hope you all have a great ending to the week.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment