Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Squawk

Well the game report is better this week. I've seen a nice buck and quite a few does. Not as many deer as I was seeing last year but better than I've seen this year. I saw 9 swans in the river by Vance's bridge on Cty 126. Tonight I talked to Jackie Howard on the river on Cty 145 and she said there were 12 swans there this morning.

I went to Park Rapids today to have some more shots put in my varicose veins on my legs and it was a miserable rainy day to be driving. The rain seemed to be coming down a lot harder down there. Now we were back to the misty stuff tonight up here. I haven't looked out lately so maybe it is raining hard. The left leg is much better but I'm going to have to have the same surgery on the right one. Since I met my deductable I just as well get everything fixed.

I was working on the computer tonight and my internet quit working so I did all the things I know how to do and nothing was working. I noticed that I still had time to call Paul Bunyan Net so I did and the guy checked on a few things and then said I should try a new phone cord as there seemed to be no connection. So I grumbled to myself that it was just working why would I need a new phone cord and I reached down to unhook the phone cord and saw that it was in two pieces. Tippy the new puppy had chewed it in half. New cord and internet works. So I guess I have to watch him a little closer.

I got all my pigs butchered and sent to the locker plant to be cut up. That's always nice to get things like that done in the fall. I still have to pick up hoses and drop cords and get some wood into the garage for wreath making. The list is getting shorter thanks to the help I get around here.

The funeral services for Jerry Funingsland will be Saturday Oct. 24 at 2pm at the Community Center in Squaw Lake. A potluck lunch will follow.

The Squaw Lake Snowmobile Club will meet Saturday at 5p at the community center or as soon as the funeral luncheon is done.

Avenue of Pines Lions Club will be hosting their annual craft show at Morse Town Hall on Saturday, Oct. 24 from 9am to 3pm. They will have about 30 vendors. I will be there with my products and some canned goods.

Does anyone out there have a good recipe for a tame goose? I was given a goose today and I don't really care for them so thought I would try something new. I'm going to cook it and then take it to my brother in law Donald who loves goose. It should be a treat for him.

Hope you all are having a good week. I will try and write more later.

Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment