Sunday, October 18, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup

Since it is getting colder out I'm thinking more of comfort foods and soups, stews etc. Here's one of my favorite soups this recipe was given to me by Judy Shears many years ago. It is a family favorite also. One way to get some veggies down a kid.

Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup

2 tbsp. butter ¾ cup small diced onion
6 cups water 6 chicken bouillon cubes
8 oz. fine egg noodles 1 tsp. salt
1 – 16 to 20 oz bag chopped broccoli 1/8 tsp garlic powder
6 cups whole milk 1 lb Velveeta (cubed)
Pepper to taste

Heat butter in large soup kettle, add onion and sauté 3 minutes, add water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and add noodles and salt. Cook 3 minutes uncovered and stir in broccoli, garlic and milk. Cook until noodles are done. Stir in cheese and pepper until cheese melts.

Sometimes if I have leftover chicken breast I add that to this or I will even grill some chicken breast to add to it.

Hope you enjoy it. Bake a loaf of frozen bread to go with it.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment