Saturday, October 3, 2009

More squawk

The Mini Max Flea Market is officially closed for the season even tho Evy will open up for anyone just about anytime. Today is the day that I'm going to go and pick up all our stuff that can't winter over. Steph and I had a good summer there. Hope everyone else did also.

It is a rainy cold miserable day as far as I'm concerned. I hope the duck hunter's are freezing their butts off as long as they like this kind of weather. I haven't seen many ducks around either.

I have a wood fire going. I have a gas furnace set at 58 and it kicked on so I figured I just as well burn some wood and dry out the house.

Here's a recipe for you, this was my Mom's recipe

Banana Bread

2 1/2 cups flour 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup sugar
Mix above ingredients together 1/2 cup margerine softened
2 large eggs

350 degree oven and a greased loaf pan. (I actually line my greased loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving some over hang to help lift out when done, and grease the parchment paper, no sticking whatever)

Mix bananas, milk, vanilla to blend. Add margerine and sugar. Beat well. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each. Beat in the flour mixture. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

When it is weather like this I think of comfort foods. It is really funny the two different kinds of food I cook from winter to summer. Once in a while I might make something like this in the summer or potato salad in the winter but not very often.

Well, I had better get back to work. Take care all.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment