Monday, August 10, 2009

I know it's been a while since I posted. You'll have to forgive me but I was too busy to write. By the time I was done for the day all I wanted to see was the bed.

The week of the 27th of July was a grueling week. I was trying to finish the garage and Mother Nature was working against me. It seemed like it rained every day. I was finally down to painting the floor. Art helped me on the evening of the 27th etch the floor with acid. Then it had to dry so Mary and I started painting on the 28th. We painted 3/4 of the floor. We had too many big things in there to move out so we decided to paint 3/4 of it and then do the rest the next night. We put 1 gallon of paint on the floor and then another and then part of a third. Looked pretty good. The next afternoon I went out there to start moving everything we had on wheel so I could paint the rest and when I looked at the floor it was two different shades of grey. You could see where we stopped with one gallon and started the next. So I took the rest of the paint and mixed it together and repainted the floor so it would be all one color. On day 3 we got the heavy things moved over and painted the rest of the floor. Looked good. On day 4 I went to the garage and looked at the floor. 3/4 of the floor had this nice shine to it because it had been painted twice and the rest looked like the dickens. So repaint that part of the floor. So a two day job took 4 days.

Saturday the 1st, the load of flowers comes up from the cities in an enclosed trailor. Open the door and look in and the platform that was built in there to hold a layer of flowers had collapsed. It made a person sick to their stomach but we started unloading to see how much damage had been done. Someone was really looking out for us because when it collapsed it landed on a big planter and that had held up the platform. A little pruning and the flowers looked great.

So a long weekend of hooking everything up in the garage and installing cabinets, siding the rest of the old garage.

Steph stayed up on Sunday and we started finishing the plans. We ran to town on Monday and bought the last (we hope) of things we needed.

Wednesday the tents were delivered and the decorations were started. I helped some with the decorations on Wednesday but started on the food. The ladies helping me were thoroughly sick of celery and onions by the end of the day.

When we get the pictures back I will try and load some on here so that you can see how the tents were decorated.

The menu for the wedding was Roast Pork, Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatos, Gravy, Corn, Wild rice, Baked Beans, Rotini Italian Salad, Tuna Salad, Oriental Cabbage Salad, Coleslaw, Veggies and dip, fresh fruit, buns, Salsa and chips. I had done some of the prep ahaead on a few things. Thank goodness for friends as they turn out from Wednesday on to help with the preparations.

Well, I'm beat so will write more tomorrow.

Hope you are all in good health.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment