Saturday, August 15, 2009

squawk

Thanks to the Centennial Lutheran Church and Kinghurst townhall for the use of their plates. We were able to serve with real plates and silverware. Steph got some linen napkins somewhere so we were set. It made for a nice looking table with the candles and the silverware wrapped in the napkins.

The people who helped us with the serving were outstanding. Thanks seems like such a small word for all the work they did. This couldn't of been pulled off without all the help we received from friends and family.

It was a wonderful time but truthfully I'm glad it's over. I'm exhausted. It was a lot of work to crammed into one summer. Hopefully I can keep up on the buildings so that they don't get so run down.

It was a very fun evening when the dancing started. It was so cute to see all the little kids out there having a great time with their dancing. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I know I didn't go to bed until after 2am. I did however sneek in for a snappy nap around 10pm. Amazing what a 15 minute snooze does for me.

I was dreading the cleanup on Sunday morning but even that went well. We went to the Crow Bar for a breakfast buffet that they put on and when we came home everyone pitched in and alot of stuff was done by 2. Of course there is minor stuff to do yet like bring back to the house everything I took out to the kitchen in the garage. I'm going to have to hit a few yard sales and pick up the stuff that I am taking from my house to it.

The kitchen in the garage turned out beyond my dreams. I still need to get an on demand hot water heater because the one I have is too small to keep up. But with the stove I bought from the Squaw Lake School and the other things I have accumulated it is set up pretty nice. It will be nice to can the beets that we pickle out there this year.

The son-in-law built two screen to fit into the overhead door openings so we can have the doors open but don't get the bugs and flies. We even have a 3 section stainless steel sink out there.

Now it is time to begin thinking about the winter wood pile. I did buy some that was cut and split but I bought alot that is in 100 inch sticks so that will have to be cut up and split and put in a pile. Hopefully, Randy and some of his friends will cut it up for me. Then I can work on the splitting and putting into the basement. It really isn't so bad if I do a little each day, it is when I think I'm Super Woman and over do that I wonder why I burn wood. Steph asked me last year if I thought I saved money by burning wood and the answer is NO but the heat from the wood is so much better than the propane.

Well, it is raining again this afternoon. Was hot here this week in between the rains. I think we might of had a couple days of summer. I suppose with bear season just around the corner it will get hot. Seems like they have a bunch of hot days when the season starts.

I think I am going to do not too much of anything this week coming up and get rested up so that the next week I will feel like working. Hard to believe that in about 3 weeks school starts.

I hope this finds all of you well and you will have a great week. I will try and get back on schedule of writing and letting you know what is going on around Squaw Lake.

Take care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment