Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some news more squawk

Wow, the week is almost over and I haven't wrote anything. I haven't done anything this week so I don't have much to talk about.

Sunday, September 13 at 2 pm at the Edge Center for the Arts in Bigfork The Pretenders and Friends will be playing. $5 Tickets will be sold at the door. This is a good time for all.

With this cooler weather I've been thinking about canning and baking. I should be thinking about the wood pile but I've been too lazy to think about that. Everything is so wet right now that I hate to put it in the basement. I will have to run the dehumidifer for that.

There seems to be quite a bit of activity in the woods right now with all the bear baiters. Maybe we will get some nice weather around the 1st. Seems like when it is time to hunt bear that the weather changes.

Ice Cream and Pie Social at Kinghurst Town Hall on Sunday, August 23rd. Proceed go toward a new furnace for the hall.

Anyone have any good recipes to try? I'm always looking for new ones. Last week I made my tater tot casserole. It makes a big bunch so I mix it up and then I put it in little casserole dishes and wrap in foil and freeze. I just take it frozen from the freezer and pop in the oven and in about an hour I have a nice hot meal. Comes in handy when I'm busy.

Tater Tot Casserole

1 pound ground beef
1 onion large or small your choice I use large
1 cup diced celery
2 cans cream of mushroom soup or whatever cream soup you like
salt, pepper, garlic to your taste
1cup or so of frozen mixed vegetables or whatever vegetable you like
sliced American cheese
shredded cheese
tater tots

Brown the ground beef with the celery and onion until beef is done and celery and onion are soft.(If freezing let this mixture cool to room tempature before adding the rest of the ingredients.)
Add your seasonings and soups. Mix in the frozen vegetables. Put this in a bottom of casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Add a layer of slice American Cheese. Arrange tater tots over the top. (If freezing cover with foil and put in freezer). If baking right away put in 350 degree oven and bake until tater tots are brown and crispy just before taking out of oven sprinkle shredded cheese over top of tater tots and bake til cheese is melted. I bake the frozen casseroles in a 350 degree oven also.

As you can see I don't do alot of measuring when I'm cooking. If it looks and tastes good that is all I worry about.

Hope all of you are in good health and great spirits.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment