Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday

I think we are getting some summer weather now that it's fall. It was a beautiful day out there today.

The basement is over 1/2 full of wood. That is a good feeling. I need to start splitting some now because I've picked out all the small stuff. Splitting isn't so bad as I've got a wood splitter so it really goes pretty fast.

I made some habanero jelly yesterday. It seems a little hotter than the last batch I made but I didn't have the cream cheese to go with it. That will tone it down some.

I've got some apples cooked up today maybe tomorrow after work I'll get that made into butter. I just love the looks of all the stuff that Steph and I've got canned up so far.

I'm working on some more copies of the cookbook I made the kids and grandkids a couple of years ago. The grandkids have lost theirs in a couple of moves and sometimes who ever they were living with kept their copy when they ceased to live together.

I'm not sure if there is anything new going on around town or not. I haven't been out since I came home from work on Monday. When it is nice weather there are too many things to get done.

Hoping it is nice all weekend. Steph and Randy are having friends up and it always goes better when it is nice and the kids can 4wheel etc than being stuck in the house.

Wishing you all good health and a great weekend.

Recipe for you that I haven't made for a while. This is something I used to make quite often but haven't made in a few years. hope you enjoy.

No Bake Cookies

2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margerine
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cup quick cook oatmeal

Bring first 6 ingredients to a hard rolling boil and boil for a minute. Stir in the peanut butter and stir til dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper or this may be put into a greased pan and cut into bars.

Have a great weekend
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment