Monday, October 18, 2010

Gee, another week has flown by and I'm not sure what I've done with it.

Steph and I did make a bunch of jelly over the weekend. Mild and Hot Jalapeno jelly and Hot Habanero Jelly. Got the kitchen garage cleaned up after and getting ready to make wreaths in November. Boy is that coming fast. The guys that were up this weekend hung some lights out there for us and put castors on a cabinet. The kitchen out there is really coming together. Love it. Having the stove out of the Squaw Lake School is the greatest thing.

Been doing some cooking. Lots of buttercup squash. It is excellant this year. Of course the argument here is brown sugar on it or not. I am always for the not but I do put it on some of the squash. I guess if I didn't put too much on it would be ok. I just like the baked squash with butter (yes real butter) and salt and pepper.

I did get the rest of my dry wood split but haven't got it in the basement yet. I have it all covered with a tarp. Tomorrow I have to get the water line to the pig pen blew out and take out the air conditioner from the living room window.

Then on Wednesday I am off to Steph's. She is taking me to the Reba, George Straight, Leann Womack concert on Thursday night and Lady Antebellum on Friday night. I am so excited about it. What a great birthday gift. Thanks so much Steph, Randy and family.

SO tomorrow I have to finish up a couple of baskets of soaps and jams and jellies for the silent auction on Saturday night at the Firemen's Dance. So far I know we have a beautiful quilt that was donated from the Centennial Lutheran Ladies, 5 lbs wild rice from Mertes garage, 2 wooden seats that fit in a 5 gallon bucket for ice fishing from the Mini Max Flea Market, A hand carved ornament from Gayle Roush, a muzzle load gun. I'm not sure what else has been collected for this.

Haven't seen much for wild life this week. I'm not sure where the deer and grouse have gone to but I'm sure not seeing any.

Well, I got the results back from the rhumatologist and he says I don't have any arthuritis so I guess we are back to practicing and trying to figure out why all my joints ache so bad.

I hope all of you are enjoying this lovely fall weather we have been having. Even tho I bought a snowmobile I wouldn't mind this lasting for another month or so.

Have a great week will try and let you know next weekend how the concerts were.

Take care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment