Monday, July 13, 2009

Squawk

I hope everyone has had a great week. It was some nice weather over the weekend. A very busy weekend around here. Seemed like everyone had a project and things got done.

The house got painted even the trim work. Then landscape fabric and mulch got put around it. Looks pretty good. All those elves around here this weekend got the job done quickly.

Just a little more painting in the ceiling in the garage and scrub the floor and decide what to do with it and the cabinets can get hung the next time the son in law comes up.

The barn has been primed and one coat of paint put on it.One more to go and then the trim. Tomorrow going to town to buy trim paint for the barn and a few other things.

The old garage has a new face lift with a roll up door and siding. Next time will be finish the siding.

Things are coming together pretty good. It's been alot of work but the end result will make all the effort worthwhile. Tonight my knees are disagreeing with me. To many trips up and down the ladder over the last week. I'd forgotten how bad they used to hurt until today.

Hopefully, we will get some rain tonight. I can't believe it but I've been watering the lawn everyday and it is still crunchy in places. Usually this time of the year I cut it off short and let it turn brown so I don't have to mow. But i would like to have green grass for the wedding so I go and water it each day.

The hay has been cut and baled on the place. I keep looking to see if there is any deer but haven't seen any. Not sure where they all are but there hasn't been many tracks on the road either.

Hope all of you have a great week.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment