Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hi everyone,

Wow, what a nice rain today. Already the grass is looking better. I hope we get some more tonight so that the grass will look even better and I won't have to water for a few days.

I went to town today to buy grey paint and red paint. Now I didn't think this should be too hard a task. Well, let me tell you I've never seen so many shades of grey and red paint. First of all I wanted to paint my barn red now I'm talking that red color like a crayon or the color barns used to be 30 years ago. Barn paint now comes in brown red color that is call barn red. It is more of a rusty brown red. Not what I wanted. Of course I always wait til the last moment to get stuff so ordering what I wanted was out of the question. I went to L&M, Home Depot, and Menards they all have barn red but it is the brown barn red so I said to heck with it (notice how my language is cleaner on this) and painted the barn white. Well, Art said you need trim paint for the barn and I said what color and everyone said red so I go back to Home Depot today to buy red exterior paint. Now there are pinky red, orangey red, browny red, but no red the color of a red crayon so I ended up with candy apple red. You should be able to see this barn from a long way away! As for grey paint there were at least 10 different shades of grey. This really tells the story of my age when I can remember you had white, black, grey, red, green, blue etc kind of like the primary colors and didn't have to look for hours to get the color you wanted. You could of sent anybody back then to pick up a gallon of paint for you.

Sooo, since it was kind of a gloomy day and all I wanted to do was crawl in bed with a good book I did bookwork instead. I was going to scrub the floor in the garage and get it ready to do something to it. I've looked at epoxy and decided that wouldn't be as durable as I wanted. Also, I think paint would just come off. I've thought about stain because I figured it would soak into the concrete and be there but the lady at Home Depot today said oh no it will peel up sometimes. Now I'm not sure what to do to the floor in the garage. All I can say it will be clean for the party for the wedding but will it have some color other than concrete color who knows. If anyone out there has tried staining their old concrete to make it look better let me know because I am out of ideas for this floor. Or at least ideas I can afford.

Looks like it is going to windy for the next couple of days. More thunderstorms tonight but clearing off tomorrow. By the weekend suppose to be nice. We sure needed this rain, actually hope we get some more before it is over.

Some of you are probably laughing when I say I'm getting old but I remember when County 4 between Max and Squaw lake was gravel. It was great when they tarred it. I learned to ride bike at my Uncle Nat's place. First thing I did was run off the tar and ended up in the ditch. That wasn't so great but once I learned how to ride it was much better than the dirt road I lived on.

Have a great week and I'll try to write again unless I get too busy.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment