Thursday, July 2, 2009

Squawk

Today turned out to be pretty nice. When I first went out at 6 this morning I thought it was kinda cold, but it warmed up nice.

I stopped in at the First Week Boutique today and they were having some nice things for sale. They are still looking for things to consign.

Well, tomorrow the Auxillary for the fire department puts on the big push to get everything ready for the Pig Roast on Saturday. They are a great bunch of ladies willing to work to get stuff done for the fire department.

A big Thank You to the WOW women who stepped forward and made pies to help out for this big fund raiser for the fire department.

We hope to see all of you at this fund raiser. It will be a great meal and you will see people to visit with that you haven't seen for a while. It is suppose to be nice on Saturday so it should be a fun time.

I'm not sure what I've done this week but it doesn't seem like I've accomplished too much. I did manage to dig out my house a little. Housework usually gets left behind here when I'm busy on the other stuff. I figure that dirt will be waiting for me and it usually is. I'm such a pack rat that every available surface is piled with something. Usually another craft project.

Happy Birthday to Isabell Knudson (Kathy Peterson's Mom) who turned 85 today. She is one spry women who loves to play cribbage. I've gotten my butt beaten more than once playing cards with her.

It's a long weekend for some. I hope everyone is traveling safe and waiting until they reach their destination to start the partying.

Evy Oja reported a good weekend last week at the flea market. She said alot of stuff went out the door. Then on Tuesday I saw the vendors bringing more stuff in so there is alot of new things again at the flea market. If you have been there you must take the time to go and see all the stuff crammed under that roof. She should have a good one this weekend where it is a 3 day weekend.

I heard that the volleyball games they have at the Crow Bar on Thursday nights are alot of fun. Both for the players and the crowd.

The lady slippers have been out for a while. County 4 had a nice bunch along it when I was driving that way the other day.

I've seen 2 fawns so far one a nice size one and the other looked like it had just been born.

I haven't seen any bears yet.

It seemed like the lawn slowed down just a little with the cold weather this week. On Tuesday I built a wood fire. When the gas furnace kicked on I figured that I could build a fire. It sure took the dampness out of the house.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I've got people to help and lots of things to get done so I probably won't write until Monday.

Take care,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen any bears but they sure tore up the dump last weekend.

    ReplyDelete