Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Squawk

My how time flys when you're having fun.

It has been a busy week since I last posted. Thank goodness for the Firemen's auxilliary who did so much of the preparation for the pig roast. We had a good crowd and had way to much food. It was a beautiful day so I'm sure alot of people had fun outside.

Besides getting ready for the pig roast we've been busy as bees here on the farm trying to get everything ready for the wedding. Steph and Randy are here every weekend working hard to get stuff done and leaving late on Sunday evening. I'm not sure how they manage that trip back to the cities so late after working as hard as they do on the weekend. Art and Mary Mertes have been here everyday helping to get stuff done. My sister Nancy came up Monday and Tuesday and we painted most of the house. Just the high ends of the house didn't get it and Art came over tonite and finished that. The ceiling in the garage has been painted and ready for the boards that will go over the joints of the sheetrock. All of the trim boards have been painted with poly. This weekend should finish the inside of the garage and then it is get the floor cleaned and install the cabinets.

We sure need rain. Walking across part of the lawn today and it was crunchy. I've been watering that part all week and it still is lacking water. Boy it takes a lot of effort to keep plants alive in this weather. Maybe that is why I've had a black thumb I just didn't water enough.

I know working on the ladder isn't good for my knees. They've really felt good since I've lost weight but they have been hurting like the dickens since I've started going up and down the ladder so much.

I hope all of you are enjoying this lovely weather we've been having. I heard we are suppose to get some heavy rains tonight. We need rain but I don't think we need heavy rains.

Wes Nestberg just pulled in with the haying equipment. I suppose that will ensure that we get rain tonight. I watered the plants and lawn, Art painted, Wes wants to mow tomorrow. Maybe I should of left the window down in my car that usually makes it rain.

Take care and I will try to write more often.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment