Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hard to belive another weekend gone. They go by so fast. Steph and I were busy this weekend making pickled beets, pickled HOT peppers and some relish. We did 133 pints of pickled beets, 42 pints of pickled HOT peppers, and 22 pints of relish. We need to spend a weekend making jellies and jams. I don't have any pepper jellies left so need to make some of them.

Saw quite a few deer on the bus run last week. One morning I saw 17 with a couple of bucks in there and a few fawns. Mostly does and yearlings. Only 2 grouse for the week and a few geese. The most geese I see are on Arnie Petersen's lawn each day.

Went for a bike ride today did about 50 miles. It was chilly out even tho the sun was shining and I had on my leathers it felt good to come home where I had the wood fire going. Seems early to be burning wood but everytime the gas furnace kicks on the $$ signs run around in my head.

Tomorrow I start butchering the pigs I raise. 6 down tomorrow, 5 on Friday and 2 the next week. Then just clean up the feeders and waterer and this job is over til next year. I really lucked out last week as Steph had seen a couple of pig feeders on an online auction down by them and we got them and Randy brought them up to me on Monday night. We got 2 for less than 1/2 price of a new one and they are in really good shape.

Well another week of work to look forward to. Hopefully in between work I will get some soap made. I also need to make some crab apple jelly or I will have to freeze the juice for another day. Funny how some weeks there doesn't seem to be enough time to get everything done.

Steph got me the greatest birthday present. She is taking me to see Reba, George Straight and Leann Womack and then the next night we got tickets to go see Lady Antebellum. Wahoo what a fun 2 nights that will be. Works out great as it is Fall Holiday so don't even need to get a bus driver.

Well, need to get a couple things done before going to bed so have a great week. I'll try and write some during the week if it doesn't get too hectic.

Take care,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment